Sunday, May 18, 2008

SPECTACULAR

This is a picture of the mountains called Eiger and Monch. They are in what is called the Jungfrau region. We stayed in the village of Grindelwald which had spectacular mountain views. Needless to say, Steve had lots of camera time and I have pictures to make up several blogs.
This is a scene just outside Grindelwald as you approach the town. You wouldn't need a label to tell you that it's Switzerland.
A view of the Eiger and the valley below dotted with chalets. Along with the chalets there are grazing cows with very loud bells and also sheep and goats--also with the requisite bells. It's surprising how the sounds from the bells travel up from the valley and through the hotel room windows.
There was a picturesque little railway that ran from the valley floor at Interlaken up to Grindelwald. We know we have some grandchildren (and their parents) who would enjoy a ride on this train.
This is the terrace of the hotel where we stayed in Grindelwald. It's a nice place to sit and take in the views.
This church is in the town of Grindelwald where we stayed. It is actually across the street from my wall of flowers. The mountain in the background is the Eiger.
I think these walls that they grow flowers out of are so beautiful. The chalet behind me and the mountain rising up in the back ground complete the scene. This trip to the Jungfrau region has been my favorite so far. I love the Alps and the feel of the air when you are there. There is so much beauty in every direction that it is almost a sensory overload. When we are experiencing this type of beauty my thoughts are that I want to share it with my family and loved ones. We sincerely hope that we will be able to do just that.

No comments: