Sunday, November 25, 2007

Chocolate and More Chocolate




Here are some pictures that go with the legend that I included last week. All these pots are made of chocolate and the "vegetable" are of marzipan. While taking the pictures, of course Steve and I had to sample a little chocolate from the various shops to see which was the most delicious.

Some of the Chocolate shops are so decorated that you can't tell it's actually a candy store.



I'm having trouble learning how to work with this site in order to put pictures where I want them and the text where I want it. There are very few leaves left on any trees, and the reality of a long grey winter has set in. Happily I won't be here for several weeks of it. I have also included a picture of a typical bread counter. What you see in that picture will be the cause of many extra pounds on my body. I actually prefer fresh bread to chocolate.

We did have a Thanksgiving dinner at the home of one of the church members. It was on Saturday and they really had a spread. They also really had a crowd. Many of the people there had not been to a Thanksgiving dinner before. This is a great experience for us. Steve and I are recognizing more and more words in French conversation. I think that Steve is surprised that some of the French he learned in high school is still in his brain.

I wish you all well. Next week I might not post a blog as Steve and I will be in Prague for five days. I should have lots of fun pictures for my next one.

Love to all,

Mary

2 comments:

Doug and Cecile said...

Hi Mary and Steve,
We just came home from Utah after being there for thanksgiving. We both just read all of the blogs. How fun and how interesting and cold. We're thinking that New Zealand sounds warmer for next April. Christy and Rob enjoyed Thanksgiving with your family at Pinehurst. We love you and love your blogs. Love, Cecile

Jamie said...

Mary! I have been thinking of you so much the past couple of years! It never occured to me that you guys were still in Pinehurst...but you were! And now you're in SWITZERLAND! And I am in MONTANA! Yes, this Arizona girl has permanently relocated to the North Pole (practically). Em foudn me on facebook and it was so great to see her blog! What a beautiful woman (and MOM) she has become! Your blog looks like fun! We had some Slovakian college students live with us over the summer and they go to school in Prague. they are coming back next summer but will get their own place (I guess they make lots of money here with Summer tourism). What fun adventures...I am so happy to be back in touch and I really enjoyed your photos! Happy new year! It's hard to believe it's been 12 years since you were so kind to open your home to me, and 12 years since I last saw you! I look forward to hearing more from you and Em and seeing more great photos!