Sunday, March 9, 2008

I Didn't Know One Could O.D. on Chocolate---

Did we mention that chocolate was important in Switzerland? This past weekend we experienced the Chocolate Festival in Versoix. The train to Versoix from Geneva runs every thirty minutes and it was packed as I have never seen it. The crowds at the festival were unbelievable. Steve and I visited each vendor and sampled from every one who would offer samples. We bought a lot of very fine chocolate and knew it was time to end the experience when we actually did not want to sample one more item. I really didn't know that I could O.D. on chocolate, but apparently it is possible.
The other fun event of the weekend was to attend the Geneva Auto Show. It is one of the largest auto shows in the world so we had to go, just to say we had experienced it. The concept cars and zero emission cars were quite interesting. The actually had three functioning hydrogen cars. I wonder if we'll actually see them in the future?
Take care everyone, and know that I love and miss you all.

This guy was really interesting. He made the "rats" completely of chocolate before he started the artistic decorations. By the way, they love the movie Ratatouille here, I guess it's the French association.

The train was fantastic and the chocolate was even better. We just kept trying more different artisan's products to find what we considered the best flavor.
Sorry about the double image entry. I'd get rid of it if I could figure out how.
I included the pictures of the trains (both chocolate and other) for my grandson, Andrew. I wished he could have been here to get excited about it.
How's this for a really big car?

Classic beauty never gets old
This is a four-wheeled motorcycle--fully enclosed. What next?
The Geneva Auto Show was very interesting--lots of things to look forward to in the future.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

"Thanks for the cool 'Choo-Choo' pictures, Grandma. Can you fit one of those chocotrains in your suitcases?"-Andrew

thehiattfamily said...

It looks like you guys had a Ball! wish we could have been there with you.