Monday, March 24, 2008

It's Still Snowing

A stop in the old town of Murten
The main street of old town was all cobblestone and some of the shops had interesting guild signs hanging above the door of the establishment.
We stopped at a little town called Murten. We found out that it is a mixed region, meaning that it is right between the French and German speaking area of Switzerland. About 80 percent of the people speak German here and call the town Murten on the Murten See. The others, speaking French call it Morat on the Lac du Morat.
We drove back on a country road where the farm houses/barns were just off the road.
This is from the cathedral above the town of Neuchatel
Despite the inclement weather on Saturday we took a car ride to an area neither Steve nor I had yet explored. We traveled north of Geneva to an area called Neuchatel. The town of Neuchatel sits on Lac de Neuchatel. The region is a grape growing area with mountains on one side and the lake on the other. We are right now in a weather pattern of some rain/snow every day. We have none on the ground where we live but there is plenty just a few miles away. Still I am sitting at my desk looking at the snow fly and happy in the thought that I will soon be in Pinehurst.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

We are happily awaiting your return home, as well. However it snowed here this morning, too. We didn't see it, but the news said it was snowing. It is sunny and 58 now.

Danielle said...

Oops! I have to fix my post. It is snowing right now. It is beautiful! The sun is out, the flowers are in bloom and it is snowing.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.