Sunday, November 9, 2008

Moving Through Autumn

I have often heard the saying, "Till the cows come home" in reference to doing something for a long time--until the cows come home.  Here is the picture to go with the saying.  We were traveling along a road near Gruyere when a farmer got off his tractor which he had been driving down the road and placed two "cones" -- one on each side of the road to indicate a cow crossing.  He then proceeded into the field and urged the cows into a line to begin their walk "home".  Such a simple sight to view and yet for some reason it filled me with contentment to being able to take the time to enjoy watching cows return to their barn in the evening.

On the hill is the Gruyere Castle.  Just some beautiful scenery on our way back to Geneva.

As Autumn pushes onward, I am getting more anxious each day to get home to North Carolina.  I have discovered that I'm good for about two and a half months before I start counting the days until I come home.  I find that I'm less tolerant of the crowds of people,  the cigarette smoke being blown in my face, the dirty bus seats and the even dirtier streets.  Yep--it's definitely time for a break from here for a little while.  City life is fine in small doses.  We plan to get out of town next Saturday--we haven't decided where, but it'll probably end up in my next blog.

Love to you all--

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Are those the cows we saw with you? I never remembered they crossed a railroad track. Andrew saw the picture on our blog and of course pointed it out. He was quite concerned that the train might get hurt bumping into those cows. (Didn't really show much concern for the cow).